[pskmail] Re: 2.1.0-d COM port PTT?

  • From: F4DLM <jimi.f4dlm@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 10 Sep 2013 09:51:05 +0200

Hi Everyone,

I spend some frustating hours this WE to try and make the v.2.1.0-d work
with my system. I could not for lack of something along what Vic described :

Computer is a desktop with Win Xp SP3, interface SB-1000, and rig Yaesu
FT817ND.

I think I did what I was told to do : copy the dll in a fresh jre 7.25
installation but it didn't work. I could not even open the client without
warnings about souncard and rig settings being incorrect. This warnings
kept poping up each time I tried to close them down to try some other
settings. Only the task manager could close pskmail client down.

The settings I tried in the client are working with any other digimode
program I've tried : HRD+DM780, Fldigi, Logger32 etc...

I don't know what to tell you about either going back to client v1+fldigi
or sticking to v2 only, but it is a bit frustrating, to say the least, to
spend hours trying to puzzle out what went wrong again (and again).

73 de Jimi F4DLM