[pskmail] 2.1.0.2 with two sound cards on XP

  • From: victor maddex <vmaddex@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 28 Jun 2013 11:56:35 +0100

Hi,

I thought I would try and install pskmail on my home station PC, this has two
sound cards, echolink on one HF on the other.

When I select the output channel, all is well, when I select any input channel,
pskmail goes not responding, you have to use task manager to end task the
process.

Not sure if that is fixable ?.

Hope the observation helps.

Regards

Vic

From: vmaddex@xxxxxxxxxxx
To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [pskmail] Re: 2.0.33 back to nothing working
Date: Thu, 27 Jun 2013 16:39:50 +0100

Hi Klaus,

that is much better for win XP, thanks, hope to try some on air soon testing
soon.

Regards

Vic

Date: Wed, 26 Jun 2013 17:42:34 +0200
From: dl4oah@xxxxxxxxxx
To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

    Hi Victor,

      if  you want give this experimental version a try:

      http://www.puk2000.de/Temp/javapskmail2.jar

      Please look into this manual first:

      http://www.puk2000.de/Temp/jpskmail_manual-2.1_draft1.pdf

      You have an installed 2.0.x version, so copy javapskmail2.jar into
      the folder, where javapskmail.jar is located and amend the link to
      the program (start icon) so that javapskmail2.jar is called. See
      page 8 in the manual.

      Regards

      Klaus

      Am 26.06.2013 12:23, schrieb victor maddex:

      Hello,

        I don't think I am the only one having issues with this version
        and the new DSP tab.

        I have just purchased an asus eepc with XP on it for this job
        and others, I was kind of expecting the woes of vista and W7 to
        be overcome I guess, how wrong you can be.

        Currently no matter that I select for the audio input and output
        there is still no waterfall display, I recall on one occasion
        the S/N DB value was changing and some text was seen in the box
        but no waterfall.

        If I close the program and run Digipan or APRS messenger it just
        works, I hope we can get this program to perform like this.

        I had the waterfall on a W7 machine, I then did as advised for
        the rxtx putting files in the java directories, since then
        nothing has been seen of the waterfall, I don't think the two
        would be related, it just seems to work one day and not the
        next.

        I hope we can work this one out, I can see this could be a big
        step forward for this software.

        Thanks for any help.

        Regards

        Vic