[pskmail] Re: 14.0771 (WE DID IT!)

  • From: "Steven Pituch" <list3@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 4 Jan 2007 14:20:17 -0600

Hi all,
We did it!!!!!!!
At least we (N8ET and I) talked on PSK125 and it looked liked I connected to
Bill's server.

The problem that I have been having for the past week is that when someone
said they would be on say 14.0771 thats where I put fldigi.  Bill's signal
was actually on 14.0781!    I think the standard is to specify the USB
frequency of the signal and not the center frequency that the transceiver
VFO is set.  Everyone uses a different audio offset so spec'ing the VFO
frequency does everyone else no good unless we know your specific offset.

I just happened to see Bill's signal at the very edge of the passband.  When
I QSY'd his signal, his signal was very strong S9 against a blue background.

So Bill if you put the fldigi signal on 14.077 and give us that frequency we
can search for it easy.  In your case the VFO would be set at 14.076.
Remember, give us the frequency of the upper sideband.

The Psk 125 was quite reliable although a few problems were seen because it
was not error correcting.  One problem is that it is so fast and my typing
is non existant.  All this should not be a concern with PSKMail.

Regards,
Steve, W2MY

1:34 PM