[proteomics] Waters/Micromass Protein Lynx Global Server

  • From: Mavi Gozler <mavigozler@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: proteomics@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 16 Dec 2006 17:32:48 -0800 (PST)

I have been trying to contact particularly authors of published papers who have
mentioned using Protein Lynx Global Server in any of its versions (I am stuck
using version 2.2, which was handed to me).

I want them to tell me they have nice things to say about this complete waste
of a user's time and effort.

If you have used (or tried to use) PLGS, please share your horror (or love)
story here, as the case may be.

I will actually take time out of my day to dump on Waters/Micromass for its
complete contempt for customer/technical support.

If anyone thinks I am wrong about Waters/Micromass software---or its hardware
and instrument systems---then that's what this list is all about.

However, I won't buy the argument "well, ABi/Thermo/Bruker/etc are worse."  All
that argues for is that all the manufacturers need to get their act together in
that case.

Do You Yahoo!?