[proteamdavis] FWD: MORE Program

  • From: "Joel Marty Greenia" <jmgreenia@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: proteamdavis@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 14 Sep 2004 18:55:08 -0700 (PDT)

Doubt this applies to all of us, but maybe Josh or Neela could apply for
it.

-Marty

Greetings and Welcome Back!

I hope you are having an enjoyable summer!

I would like to invite you to apply to the MORE (Mentorships and
Opportunities for Research in Engineering) Program.  This program
aims to increase the participation of UC Davis undergraduate
engineering students in faculty/graduate student research activities
and to provide students with pre-graduate school resources.

MORE Requirements:

*  Undergraduate majoring in engineering
*  Sophomore standing or above
*  Strong interest in engineering undergraduate research and graduate
study
*  Good academic standing while trying to achieve a grade point
average consistent with admission requirements for graduate school

MORE Expectations:

*  Serve as research assistants
*  Work approximately 6-10 hours per week in a research lab
*  2 units of 99/199 research units
*  Students may participate for 1-2 quarters and may enroll during
any academic quarter or summer

MORE research positions are dependent upon the research needs of
engineering faculty at UC Davis.  Currently, faculty in the following
departments are looking for undergraduate researchers:  Applied
Science, Biological and Agricultural Engineering, Biomedical
Engineering, Civil and Environmental Engineering, Chemical
Engineering and Materials Science, Computer Science, Electrical and
Computer Engineering, and Mechanical and Aeronautical Engineering.

Funding is limited and may be available to those who qualify and is
considered on a case by case basis, first come, first served.

This is a great opportunity...one you can't achieve through books or
classes, but only from hands-on research experience.  Please contact
me for more information and application materials.

Cassandra Fong

--

Cassandra Fong
MORE/CAMP/MURPPS Programs