[projectaon] Re: ds game

  • From: Eric Zollman <ericzollman@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: projectaon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 05 Jun 2012 12:49:10 -0400

On 6/5/2012 11:59 AM, Jonathan Blake wrote:
The following was sent from the Project Aon contact form
    From: John hellaswillrise1981@xxxxxxxxx
    Date: 12:45:18 on Monday, June 4, 2012
Subject: ds game

greetings! i adore all lone wolf books and i congratulate you for your
effort! thank you! my question... how can i play the ds lone wolf? please, i
need to know the steps and i ll do the rest. thank you for your time!

In order to play the Lone Wolf DS game you have to own a "DS Flash Cart".,
It is a small game-sized device that you can copy games onto, which allows
you to play "Home Brew" games. It also allows you to download and play
pirated DS games if your into that sort of thing.... Here is a link to get
you started. My ex-gf has an older "Real 3DS" cart and it works great. I've
played the Lone Wolf game and it is a really well done game.

http://www.dsflash.com/supercard-dstwo-3ds.htm
Thanks for fielding John's question, Eric.

John, I just want to send a quick clarification to make sure that
there is no misunderstanding. As far as we are aware, using DS flash
carts for homebrew games is legal. Using them to play games that have
not been purchased is not. We're not suggesting that you do anything
illegal. :)

I hope you enjoy the Lone Wolf DS game. If you have any questions,
please ask. Carry on!

--
Jonathan Blake

Sorry everybody... You are quite right. I should have been more careful with my words. And again you're right, DS Flash Carts are perfectly legal to use for Home Brew games, and to use as a backup method for games which you have purchased. Although this device could be used for illegal activity (just as an iPod or DivX Player could) I certainly would not suggest that you do so. As it could land you in a federal prison... My original email was not intended to indorse piracy or copyright infringement. It was simply an off-the-cuff statement. I can see how it could be taken in a negative light, and may not have been entirely appropriate. So, once again, I apologize for any confusion, and will make every effort to be more careful in my future correspondences.

--
Eric Zollman
Project Aon Staff