[projectaon] Re: Paul Barnett and the Legends novels (Among Other Things)

  • From: Simon Osborne <outspaced@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: projectaon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 17 Nov 2005 11:01:00 +0000

Jonathan Blake wrote:

Finally had a chance to give this a look. It's looking great. Are you
planning to wait until the other maps are scanned to publish this?

Glad you like it! ;-)

It's probably the idea to wait for the remaining maps to be scanned rather than release a (deliberately) half-finished file. I'll probably get round to scanning in the Voyage of the Moonstone map sometime this week. Although we haven't contacted Trevor Newton (will we ever??), the use of one of his images in a non-profitmaking work is hardly something an artist would complain about, not when such a large body of other artists are quite happy for their work to be made available, and have said so in writing. With #21 in place, that leaves maps 17, 18, 19, 22, 23, 24, 25, and 27 missing, as well as any b+w map-like illustrations from those books.

In the current (unreleased) version, I've added an appendix to the end of the Atlas to feature the four Freeway Warrior maps and the map of Thorasia from Emerald Enchanter. I'm not aware of any map-like b+w artwork from Freeway Warrior 2-4 (there's none in #1), but should any surface, I can add those as well.

BTW, your local copy of the file may be named Mangamund_Atlas.

Ah, the Typo Fairy strikes again ! >_<

BTW, Jon, there's still an outstanding Contact Form mail from Nov 6th from Ann Wright regarding artwork, which I don't really feel able to field.