[projectaon] Re: Outstanding Errata Sprint (Week 6)

  • From: Timothy Pederick <pederick@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: projectaon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 23 Jun 2011 19:55:45 +0800

On 23 June 2011 19:08, Simon Osborne <outspaced@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> If we could come to a consensus that X is almost certain, while Y and Z are
> implausible alternatives, I'd agree. Leaving my own opinions and prejudices
> aside :-D I suppose that all alternatives should be covered. Even if I
> personally feel one way is clearly what is meant here. ;-)

As do I. I wonder whether it's the same one. ;-)

No, the apostrophe style in the PA editions is to always use the
> straight-style character; only quotation marks are in the curved-style.
> Assuming that all ' marks in the xml are properly replaced by either <quote>
> </quote>, <ch.apos/>, or <ch.lsquot/> <ch.rsquot/>, the transformation
> scripts take care of inserting the correct typographical character into the
> HTM pages.

Huh. Somehow I thought that we'd gone to using the curved characters for
both quotation marks and apostrophes. But now that you say that, I seem to
recall having had this pointed out to me before...

--
Tim Pederick