[projectaon] Re: Outstanding Errata Sprint (Week 6)

  • From: David Davis <feline1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <projectaon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2011 11:16:42 +0100

Honestly folks,
 there's a lot of grey areas in the rules, but 'hidden loyalty bonuses' is
not one of them - Joe Dever was quite explicit about it in the Newsletters!
 (I'll concede it was confusing as hell before he said so - I was
convinced I was cheating before that!)

It is true that the numbers added to your basic CS and EP rolls in the GM
series are slightly more than than the Lore Circle bonuses,
 but that is offset by the special items, backpack potions and general
prior knowledge of stuff that the player might have.

 --
 http://www.feline1.co.uk

 On Wed 22/06/11 10:58 AM , Simon Osborne outspaced@xxxxxxxxxxxx sent:
  On 21/06/2011 22:13, Chris Neilson wrote:
 > When you are fighting you can either use Magnakai Weaponmastery OR
Grand
 > Weaponmastery (cf mindshield and psi-screen and kai-screen) you dont
use
 > both simultaneously. Its like fighting using Kung Fu Panda style and
 > Praying Mantis style simultaneously, or (if youre a Fist of the North
 > Star fan - Hokuto Shinken and Nanto Seiken).

 Or, conversely, it would be like using knowledge from GCSE and A Level
 courses simultaneously. Which makes perfect sense!

 >> I think that this gives a lot of weight to the idea that the Mentora
 >> bonus is a "hidden loyalty bonus" that can apply equally to GWM.
 >
 > Surely your Action Chart looks something like:
 >
 > Kai Disciplines:
 > Weaponskill in _______ +2 COMBAT SKILL points if this weapon carried
 > Mindshield: no points lost when attacked by Mindblast
 > Mindblast: +2 COMBAT SKILL points
 >
 > Magnakai Disciplines:
 > Weaponmastery: +4 COMBAT SKILL points, -1 COMBAT SKILL (unarmed), +2
 > bow/dagger throws
 > Psi-screen: no points lost when attacked by Mindforce
 > Psi-surge: +6 COMBAT SKILL points but -1 ENDURANCE points per round
 >
 > Grand Master Disciplines:
 > Grand Weaponmastery: +5 COMBAT SKILL, +3 bow throws
 > Kai-surge: +8 COMBAT SKILL but -1 ENDURANCE points per round or +4
 > COMBAT SKILL
 > Kai-screen:
 >
 > How exactly can you apply the Mentora bonus to GWM? It obviously
applies
 > to WM. GWM is a completely different discipline.

 ...except that you are already getting a +3 to using a Bow with
 Weaponmastery right from the start of the Magnakai books:
 <