[projectaon] Re: Outstanding Errata Sprint (Week 6)

  • From: Simon Osborne <outspaced@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: projectaon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 17 Jun 2011 11:48:43 +0100

Mind control Joe Dever? Would help to solve some problems in the books, but unlikely to happen, I guess. At least next month we should finally know what Shamath's riddle was supposed to be for the first time EVAH! :-D

That's got to go straight in the PA edition. With some kind of re-release. No more Shamath's riddle questions, queries, and threads on the forum. Reason enough to get the outstanding errata sorted, no? ;-)

If it would help, for next week's Sprint, I could deviate from the norm and just pick 12-15 issues from all those remaining that I think are either almost certain to be Rejected, or are very straightforward to fix. That way, a cursory glance leads to proposals being sorted without any real work needing to be put in!

On 17/06/2011 11:39, David Davis wrote:
I guess that's "tidier", although I suspect the gentle reader is more
likely to feel in need of a footnote when they encounter the ad-hoc
bonus at the section in question.
(If indeed they were ad hoc bonuses - it's things like this which are
virtually impossible to answer conclusively without subjecting Joe Dever
to the mind probe...)

--
http://www.feline1.co.uk

*On Fri 17/06/11 11:21 AM , Simon Osborne outspaced@xxxxxxxxxxxx sent:
*

    On 17/06/2011 07:53, David Davis wrote:
    >  PS however readers might still rightly think "oh, but the rules
    say +3 -
    >  was that a mistake?" -
    >  so I think each one should have a footnote "Note that that the Grand
    >  Weaponmastery bonus for this particular piece of archery is higher
    than
    >  the one stated in the Game Rules" ?

    Personally, I prefer the current (under-discussion!) model of footnoting
    Disciplines/Grand Weaponmastery to say that on occasion the bonus is
    more than +3. This meshes with your notes that the +4s and +5s are
    ad-hoc bonuses that Joe threw in for variety. We did something similar
    respecting the Sommerswerd and its potential enhanced CS bonus on the
    Plane of Darkness in Book 20--rather than footnoting each fight, we
    footnoted the Game Rules.