[projectaon] Re: Outstanding Errata Sprint (Week 6)

  • From: David Davis <feline1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <projectaon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 17 Jun 2011 11:39:07 +0100

 I guess that's "tidier", although I suspect the gentle reader is more
likely to feel in need of a footnote when they encounter the ad-hoc bonus
at the section in question.
 (If indeed they were ad hoc bonuses - it's things like this which are
virtually impossible to answer conclusively without subjecting Joe Dever
to the mind probe...)

 --
 http://www.feline1.co.uk

 On Fri 17/06/11 11:21 AM , Simon Osborne outspaced@xxxxxxxxxxxx sent:
  On 17/06/2011 07:53, David Davis wrote:
 > PS however readers might still rightly think "oh, but the rules say +3
-
 > was that a mistake?" -
 > so I think each one should have a footnote "Note that that the Grand
 > Weaponmastery bonus for this particular piece of archery is higher than
 > the one stated in the Game Rules" ?

 Personally, I prefer the current (under-discussion!) model of footnoting
 Disciplines/Grand Weaponmastery to say that on occasion the bonus is
 more than +3. This meshes with your notes that the +4s and +5s are
 ad-hoc bonuses that Joe threw in for variety. We did something similar
 respecting the Sommerswerd and its potential enhanced CS bonus on the
 Plane of Darkness in Book 20--rather than footnoting each fight, we
 footnoted the Game Rules.