[projectaon] Re: Outstanding Errata Sprint (Week 6)

  • From: "David Davis" <feline1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <projectaon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 14 Jun 2011 18:02:02 +0100

Yeah but is that not the exact same thing as with Huntmastery/Grant Huntmastery and Curing/Deliverance?

The Grand Master descriptions for those don't explicitly say you don't need to cross meals off when
instructed to eat, or you get +1 EP per section -
but we know from Newsletters that if you've completed prior books, you still keep these bonuses, as hidden loyalty bonuses.

Thus by the same principle, someone who has +5 on the RNT rolls for bows and thrown weapons with Mentora
would not lose that when becoming a Grand Master.

The ambiguity is only there for players who haven't completely prior books -
what bonus do they get with a bow and Grand Weaponmastery?
The Games Rules say +3, but as our your & Tim's recent searches show, some individual sections
say +5 or even +4...

-----Original Message----- From: Jonathan Blake
I'm not seeing how this applies conclusively to Bows. It implies that
the bonuses aren't cumulative. This problematic for Bows because the
bonus for G. Weaponmastery is less than that for Weaponmastery when we
include the bonus for Mentora. I don't think we can say anything
definitive. I think we need to provide education and options.