[projectaon] Re: Outstanding Errata Sprint (Week 6)

  • From: Chris Neilson <crusty.chris@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: projectaon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2011 09:15:47 +1200

On Mon, 2011-06-27 at 03:19 -0400, Benjamin I Krefetz wrote:
> On Mon, 27 Jun 2011, Chris Neilson wrote:
> > so:
> > 4. The "We all misinterpreted the rules" argument
> >    * Grand Weaponmastery with Bow +3 is correct.
> >    * Ad hoc +4 and +5 bonuses replace this.
> >    * The Mentora +2 only applies if you are throwing a dagger etc (as
> > by the Grandmaster series you should have WS-with-bow and hence get the
> > +3 or greater bonus).
>
> The problem with this analysis is that the Magnakai Weaponmastery skill
> gives +3 for any missile weapon random number pick if you're skilled with
> that weapon.

Where does it say that?
Magnakai Discipline section says +3 COMBAT SKILL, Grandmaster Discipline
section only states a bonus of no CS loss when fighting bare-handed and
both Equipment sections specifically says +3 "when using the Bow".

I cant see any section that gives you bonuses to missile weapons other
than bow/arrow except the Mentora Improvement bonus. (OK maybe I missed
it somewhere).