[projectaon] Re: Outstanding Errata Sprint (Week 1)

  • From: David Davis <feline1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <projectaon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2011 14:43:18 +0100

 (the "[sic]"s need taking out if we use that wording, obviously, I was
just pointing out that the first torch doesn't need capitalised cos it
doesn't go on the Action Chart)

 --
 http://www.feline1.co.uk

 On Tue 12/04/11 1:36 PM , Simon Osborne outspaced@xxxxxxxxxxxx sent:
  Hi

 With a couple of very minor tweaks, this is perfect; certainly better
 than my attempts!

 If there are any dissenting (or agreeing) voices, please submit feedback
 regarding these proposals.

 On 12/04/2011 11:50, David Davis wrote:
 > My suggestion re 04tcod-123:
 >
 > "At the entrance, you find a discarded wooden crate, containing six
 > Torches and a Tinderbox. The mines are dark and you will need to use at
 > least one Torch to light your way. You can take as many as you wish but
 > remember each Torch counts as one Backpack Item, so be sure to make the
 > appropriate changes to your Action Chart." >
 >
 > "At the entrance, you find a discarded wooden crate, containing six
 > Torches and a Tinderbox. The mines are dark and you will need to use at
 > least one torch [sic] to light your way. You can take as many
additional
 > Torches as you wish but remember each one counts as Backpack Item, so
be
 > sure to make the appropriate changes to your Action Chart."
 >
 > with the footnote: "You are assumed to carry at least one lit torch
 > [sic] into the mine here; this is carried in the hand and there is no
 > need to record it on your Action Chart. For the sake of continuity with
 > subsequent sections, you are also assumed to take the Tinderbox; this
 > counts as a Backpack Item, and we suggest you discard one item in its
 > favour if your Backpack is full. If you already possess an alternative
 > means of illumination (e.g. a Kalte Firesphere) then there is no need
 > take the Tinderbox."
 >
 > Benefits of this combination of slight emendation of original text plus
 > footnote:
 > - Scenario 1: you already have a Kalte Firesphere - you don't have to
do
 > anything to your action chart. Hurrah!
 > - Scenario 2: you have no Firesphere; you just light & carry one torch:
 > you just need to note the Tinderbox on your backpack items too.
 > - Scenario 3: you are a greedy hoarder who takes lots of Torches - well
 > you record them on your Action Chart as per the original text.

 ~~~~~~
 Manage your subscription at