[projectaon] Re: LW refresh: some capitalization issues

  • From: Jonathan Blake <blake.jon@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: projectaon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 4 Jan 2006 13:54:40 -0800

On 12/18/05, Thomas Wolmer <angantyr@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I have slowly started looking at the collected issues to be corrected
> in the big upcoming refresh. The EC is apparently not updated, so
> there are some email archeology exercises ahead, even though Simon has
> gone to great lengths to keep track of what has been reported.
>
> There are some "global" issues that I need to be sure of though:
>
> - "Magicians' Guild", and similar. Always capitalized, always plural
> possessive?

Yes, unless we need to make the occasional exception (I don't know why
we would).

> - "Item" should never be capitalized alone, right? (This will be a
> nice bunch of both (er) and (ne)).

Yes.

> - "Bow", "Arrow" etc... Shall we *always* capitalize these when LW
> touches them, or only when they really refer to an item in his
> inventory? If the latter, it will be for instance "Your arrow misses
> its target." *uncapitalized*, because it is no longer an inventory
> item. I would prefer the latter, and when in doubt, don't capitalize
> either, because I think the text just looks ugly with all these
> capitalized words.

Another reason to look forward to a CSS edition that highlights items
in a more sane way rather than capitalization. That would mean a lot
of work for us, but would be better in the end. Even your example
should be capitalized as a reminder that you must remove an arrow from
your action chart.