[projectaon] Re: [Fwd: Al's Lw table and such] *more*

  • From: Simon Osborne <outspaced@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: projectaon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2005 19:12:13 +0000

Jonathan Blake wrote:

On 11/27/05, Simon Osborne <outspaced@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hmm, I guess I should point out that the URL is to a page where you can download
a dice-rolling proggy for the visually impaired, and the point of the table is
that, again, the visually impaired can't necessarily read the images that are
the current CRTs, so Dark needed an actual table that can be read out, which was
compiled by another forumgoer. He thought we might like to host it in the event
of other poorly-sighted Lone Wolf fans wanting to read the books online. Sorry
for not being clearer the first time round. :-\

Sorry, I should have also read farther into my inbox before sending my last message.

Aha! I managed to preempt a bewildered response! Shame I didn't remember to explain what I was talking about in the original E-mail. :-\

I don't like the idea of distributing a Word file. Would PDF work just
as well for the visually impaired?

OK, I've mailed Luke Hewitt (aka Dark) and he says:

"PDFs aren't generally great as far as synthesisors go, mostly because of the evilness of Adobe. It doesn't have to be a word formated table, or even a table for that matter, a simple list in txt or Html text would probably be fine."

So apparently dropping it to an ASCII text file should be acceptable.