[projectaon] Re: Freeway Warrior Action Chart

  • From: Thomas Wolmer <angantyr@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: projectaon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 18 Nov 2005 09:57:21 +0100

[ ] Jon - give Iain access to the CVS repository?

2005/11/17, Ingo Kloecker <projectaon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> On Thursday 17 November 2005 13:38, Iain Smith wrote:
> > One question I don have is reagrading the current state of the FW
> > books themselves?  Has HH reached the XML stage yet, or is it solely
> > the raw text which is being proofread?  The coding I've done to do
> > things such as intercepting combat references, etc may need updating
> > if the XML format for Freeway Warrior is different to that of Lone
> > Wolf.  If any help is needed to speed up the XML process, I'll
> > probably be able to contribute to that. I *love* setting up macros to
> > speed up document processing ;)  Well, the offer's there if needed.
>
> The numbered sections of HH are already XMLized, but the frontmatter is
> not. Thomas is working on this, but he probably wouldn't mind you
> giving him a hand. Thomas?

The numbered sections are XMLized as far as the auto-XMLizing goes,
but there is much more markup that needs to be added and special
characters to be replaced bycharacter entities. This is a macro
playground yes :-)

The frontmatter was not even proofread, so I am doing this now - or,
at least now and then (I'm rather busy ATM, but the next session I
have planned for this weekend). Home of the Underdogs sometimes comes
in handy...

Iain, you could have a go at the numbered sections if you like, but
then first you need access to our CVS repository. Then we can merge
our efforts.

And BTW, it's not like I'll insist on hogging the XML fumbler position
for the FW books in the future, if there is someone else willing to
take over... :-)

--
Thomas