[projectaon] Re: Footnotes Redux--Revenge of the Deathlord

  • From: Simon Osborne <outspaced@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: projectaon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 16 Feb 2012 12:32:58 +0000

On 15/02/2012 18:34, Ingo Kloecker wrote:
On Tuesday 14 February 2012, Jonathan Blake wrote:
On Mon, Feb 13, 2012 at 5:54 AM, Simon Osborne
<outspaced@xxxxxxxxxxxx>  wrote:
1) When not too intrusive, reminders to add or erase items should
be part of the text, not a footnote;

2) Kai Weapon bonus reminders should be part of the text, not
footnotes.

Rule 1 in particular is tricky, since it ultimately comes down to a
judgement call. I have just finished up auditing Books 18-20 and am
about to commit the changes per sub-series (1-5, 6-12, 13-20,
21-28). Uploading the new editions to the test area will take
considerably longer.

Sounds reasonable to me. :)

Yeah. We should add this to our style guide for future reference.

I've added the following, though it might be a bit wordy:

<http://www.projectaon.org/en/Sanctum/ManualOfStyle#footnotes>

Anyone better at explaining things while being brief should feel free to edit it!