[projectaon] Re: Comment period for 1-7

  • From: Benjamin I Krefetz <krefetz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: projectaon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2012 03:11:02 -0500 (EST)

On Wed, 22 Feb 2012, Ingo Kloecker wrote:

On Saturday 18 February 2012, Jonathan Blake wrote:
On Fri, Feb 17, 2012 at 6:14 AM, Simon Osborne
<outspaced@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
OK, a quick spell-check, diff-comparison, and perusal of the
respective Footnotes pages turned up the following things. There's
more than I'd like or hoped, but far, far less than I've ever
turned up before... ;-)

BOOK 1:

(er) 154: the last thing you feel are the black shafts of their
arrows -> the last things you feel are the black shafts of their
arrows

Debatable. I'd even prefer "the last thing you feel is the black
shafts...", but I think we should go with your suggestion.

My German ears prefer the original over Jon's version. Simon's version,
"the last things you feel are ...," sounds awkward to me. Of course,
that might be because in German one would say something like "Das Letzte
was Du fühlst sind ...", i.e. basically the same as in the original
except that in German we leave out "thing". Anyway, you are the native
speakers. So, it's your call.

Personally I prefer Jon's version, but I'd be fine with Simon's version.

BOOK 2:

(ne) 314 (Caption): man with only one eye, is is carrying -> man with only one eye, is carrying

How did this mistake get introduced to begin with? I see it's not in our released version.

BOOK 7:

(er) 74: DIE [so: Should we <strong> this instead of CAPITALS?]

You mean 174, yes? :)

Ben