[projectaon] Re: Comment Period for Lone Wolf 1-7

  • From: Simon Osborne <outspaced@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: projectaon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 12 Feb 2012 16:31:35 +0000

Hi all

Am working backwards from Book 17 respecting the Footnote Purges and have got as far as the MAMMOTH Book 9. Originally, it had 48 footnotes; I have managed to reduce this down to 17. I am mostly working from Jon's comments to the list last year, but occasionally I'm "thinking outside the box". Here's an example:

[16] (Section 94) Added as an "Option" beneath Option 1 "(Remember to erase
the used Torch from your Action Chart if you choose to use it now)"
[sic--missing period]
[24] (Section 171) Added to Option 1 "(Remove the used Torch from your
Action Chart if you should choose to use it.)"
[31] (Section 197) Added to Option 1 "(Remember to remove the used Torch
from your Action Chart if you should choose to use it.)"
[38] (Section 282) Added to Option 1 "(Remember to remove the used Torch
from your Action Chart should you decide to use it.)"
[41] (Section 313) Added to Option 1 "(remember to remove the used Torch
from your Action Chart if you decide to use it)"
[47] (Section 349) Added to Option 1 "(remember to remove the used Torch
from your Action Chart if you should choose to use it.)"

It's better as a footnote than as another "option" paragraph, but we
could add "(Erase a Torch from your Action Chart if you choose to use
it.)" to the first option.

I decided the best way to fix this would actually be to add this text to the following sections (14, 33, 194, 219) instead: "(If your source of light is a Torch, remember to erase it from your Action Chart.)"

Since the Errata Table of Nerfed Enemies seems to have met with universal disinterest from the list (heh! ;-) ) I'm going ahead with that. Once I have Books 6-8 also complete, I will commit all changes--including removal of the ERRTAG...erm...tags. Let's see if I can get that done today!