[projectaon] Re: Comment Period for Lone Wolf 1-7

  • From: Jonathan Blake <jonathan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: projectaon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 8 Nov 2011 20:32:50 -0800

On Sun, Sep 25, 2011 at 6:25 AM, Simon Osborne <outspaced@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> 10tdot
>
> [1] (Equipment) Footnote based on Mongoose edition. Should we just add in
> "Potion of Alether (Backpack Items) This potion of strength will increase
> your COMBAT SKILL by +2 points when swallowed immediately prior to a combat.
> It lasts for the duration of one combat only. There is enough for one
> dose."?

I suppose so.

> [6] (Section 54) Added "You may not use the Silver Bow of Duadon in this
> combat (if you possess this Special Item). If you have reached the rank of
> Tutelary and possess the Discipline of Weaponmastery, you only need deduct 2
> points from your COMBAT SKILL if you do not possess a weapon-like Special
> Item."

Use their text (slight revision of our footnote).

> [8] (Section 126) Added to Option 2 "(you must win the combat before
> continuing)"

Revise the text with "If you win the combat and the fight lasts longer
than four rounds ...".

> [10] (Section 177) Added "Kika are a form of currency used in the Darklands
> and the Drakkarim nations. Each of these small coins is worth one-tenth of a
> Gold Crown and 10 Kika take up the same space as one Gold Crown in your Belt
> Pouch)" [sic--missing period]

Revise the text with our footnote.

> [13] (Section 245) Alter Option 2 to "If you win and the fight lasts 5
> rounds or longer, turn to 309."

Revise the text.

> [15] (Section 304) Added "i.e.," before list. Added "You cannot make use of
> a Shield. All weapon-like Special Items should be treated just as normal
> weapons for determining whether or not you may use them in this combat
> (e.g., you cannot use the Silver Bow of Duadon but you may use the
> Sommerswerd)."

Use both revisions.

> 11tpot
>
> [5] (Magnakai Wisdom) No change - though some opponents' stats have been
> reduced
>
> [6] (Section 5) Added "(you do not need to erase a Meal from your Action
> Chart)"

Revise the text.

> [7] (Section 34) Added "Unless you possess the Magnakai Discipline of Curing
> and have reached the Kai rank of Mentora or higher, add 2 to any ENDURANCE
> point losses you sustain during this combat, owing to the poisonous lash of
> their tentacles."

Revise the text.

> [8] (Section 62) Added "(If you have both Disciplines, add only 4 to your
> number from the Random Number Table)." [sic]
> [9] (Section 95) Added "(if you have both Disciplines, add only 4 to your
> number from the Random Number Table)"

Revise the text, but retain the clause about the Platinum Amulet.

> [10] (Section 198) Added after "delete from your Action Chart all the items,
> including Meals, that you were carrying in your Backpack" -- "Delete your
> Backpack as well as its contents. You may not acquire any Backpack Items
> until your Backpack has been replaced"

Revise the text.

> [11] (Section 201) Added "you may not use a Shield during this combat"
> [sic--missing period]

Revise the text.

> [12] (Section 204) Reduced Mongoose stats footnote
> [17] (Section 341) Reduced Mongoose stats footnote

Revise the text but retain the original stats in footnotes.

> [13] (Section 210) Added "If you already possess the maximum number of
> Special Items permissible, you must discard one in favour of the Obsidian
> Seal."

Revise the text.

> [14] (Section 261) Added "(restore 4 ENDURANCE points due to the beneficial
> effect of the draught you have just drunk)"

Revise the text.

> [15] (Section 270) Added "The bonus granted for possessing the Silver Helm
> is applicable here." Added "The COMBAT SKILL bonus for using a Shield does
> not apply here, nor do any bonuses for using Alether or any weapon-like
> Special Items such as the Sommerswerd. Any bonuses to ENDURANCE due to
> armour should not be applied during this combat."

How about this? "The COMBAT SKILL bonus for using a Shield does not
apply here, nor do any bonuses for using Alether or any weapon-like
Special Items such as the Sommerswerd. The only exception is the bonus
granted for possessing the Silver Helmet. Any bonuses to ENDURANCE due
to armour should not be applied during this combat."

> [16] (Section 298) Replaced Option 1 with "Unless you have already visited
> Baylon's Tomb, in which case you must stand and fight, you can evade combat
> at any time by running towards Baylon’s Tomb (turn to 166)."

Revise the text.

> [18] (Section 349) Added "(These bonuses are not cumulative; if you have
> both Disciplines, you may only add 4 to the number you pick)" [sic--missing
> period]

How about this? "(If you have both Disciplines, you may only add 4 to
the number you pick.)"

> 12tmod
>
> [3] (Section 5) Changed Option 1 and 2 to read "If you win, and the fight
> lasts 4 rounds or less, turn to 232.
> If you win, and the fight takes longer than 4 rounds to conclude, turn to
> 148."

I guess we can delete the footnote and adjust the erratum entry.

> [5] (Section 61) Added "Gold Crowns or Lune may not be used in lieu of Kika
> in this instance"
> [11] (Section 162) Added "(Gold Crowns or Lune may not be used in lieu of
> Kika in this instance)"
> [13] (Section 184) Added "(Gold Crowns or Lune may not be used in lieu of
> Kika in this instance)"
> [17] (Section 221) Added (Gold Crowns or Lune may not be used in lieu of
> Kika in this instance)"

Revise the text.

> [9] (Section 145) Added "This loss of ENDURANCE is permanent."
> [19] (Section 240) Added "This reduction is permanent."

Revise the text.

> [10] (Section 159) Added "It may be worn with a Padded Leather Waistcoat,
> but not with a Chainmail Waistcoat."

Revise the text.

> [12] (Section 179) Replaced "Were you to take this item, it is possible that
> it could detonate and kill you at any time." with "If you decide to take
> this item, it is possible that it could detonate and kill you at any time."

Revise the text.

> [14] (Section 187) Added "The Zejar-dulaga occupies the same space in your
> quiver [sic] as a normal arrow [sic]. If you have 6 arrows [sic], you may
> discard one in favour of the Zejar-dulaga."

Revise the text with our footnote.

> [15] (Section 200) Added "(If you only possess the Kai Discipline of
> Hunting, and not the Magnakai discipline [sic] of Huntmastery, you may no
> longer forage for food as you venture deeper into the Darklands)."
> [sic--misplaced period]

Revise the text with our footnote.

> [21] (Section 350) Replaced "Yet the saga that is the story of your life
> does not end here. In future times the chronicle will tell of the adventures
> you undertook during your Kai Grand Mastership. Until the time comes for
> their telling, may the Gods Ishir and Kai watch over you, Grand Master Lone
> Wolf, hero and saviour of Sommerlund." with "Congratulations, Grand Master
> Lone Wolf, hero and saviour of Sommerlund.
>
> The adventures you must undertake during your Kai Grand Mastership await you
> in the next book of the Lone Wolf [sic--should be itals] series, which is
> entitled:
>
> The Plague Lords of Ruel."

I really hate to lose the original here. The revision feels flat in
comparison. I don't think it would be so bad to add "The next book in
the Lone Wolf series is entitled The Plague Lords of Ruel." after the
last paragraph?