[projectaon] Re: Comment Period for Lone Wolf 1-7

  • From: Jonathan Blake <jonathan.blake@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: projectaon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 1 Nov 2011 15:47:19 -0700

On Sun, Sep 25, 2011 at 4:12 AM, Simon Osborne <outspaced@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> 09tcof
>
> [3] (Section 5) Added "(this is the correct answer to Khmar’s dagger
> riddle)"
> [5] (Section 6) Added "(This section is only a partially correct combination
> for the pyramid lock)" [sic--missing period]
> [12] (Section 50) Added "(this is the correct answer to Khmar’s riddle about
> his youngest son)"
> [20] (Section 115) Added "If you choose the correct answer to Khmar’s
> riddle, the introduction to the section will inform you so."
> [32] (Section 204) Added "If you have chosen the correct answer to the
> riddle, the section will inform you so."
> [34] (Section 241) Added a final "Option" that says "(If you have chosen the
> correct combination or one of the partial combinations, the opening text of
> the section will tell you so)." [sic]
> [43] (Section 320) Added "(this section is a partially correct combination
> result for the pyramid lock)"
> [45] (Section 326) Added "(this section is the correct answer to the pyramid
> lock)"

Best handled in footnotes.

> [4] (Section 5) Deleted "Spyglass" from list.

Spoilsports. ;)

> [6] (Section 7) Added "(You must now erase the Rope from your Action Chart)"
> [sic--missing period]

Add "(Erase the Rope from your Action Chart.)"

> [7] (Section 10) Reduced Mongoose stats footnote.
> [21] (Section 128) Revised Mongoose stats footnote
> [28] (Section 188) Reduced Mongoose stats footnote

Adjust the text. Does anyone think in cases like this we should
footnote the original stats, or is an erratum entry sufficient?

> [8] (Section 11) Added "If you possess Huntmastery, you are able to forage
> for food from the wasteland of Zaaryx and therefore you do not need to make
> any deductions"
> [26] (Section 175) Added "(Zaaryx is a wasteland in regard to fulfilling
> Meal requirements with Hunting and Huntmastery skills.)"
> [33] (Section 218) Added "(this subterranean area is a wasteland in regard
> to fulfilling Meal requirements with Hunting and Huntmastery)"

Are these contradictory? The second and third versions seem too vague.

> [9] (Section 12) Added to Option 1 "(you must possess at least one arrow
> [sic] in order to fire your bow [sic] again)" [sic--missing period]

Adjust text but parenthetically.

> [10] (Section 25) Added "(erase one dose of Sabito on [sic] your Action
> Chart.)" [sic--period incorrectly placed]

Add "(Erase one dose of Sabito from your Action Chart.)"

> [11] (Section 29) Added "(record both doses of Sabito on your Action Chart;
> they take up only one space in your Backpack)"

Add "(Record both doses of Sabito on your Action Chart as a single
Backpack Item.)"

> [13] (Section 54) Added "(You may now erase the 'x' marks from your Action
> Chart.)"

Wasn't this was already in the text? Anyway, it doesn't directly
address the question of whether you get back everything. On the other
hand, it seems clear enough to me.

> [15] (Section 72) Added "(in this instance, 0 = 10)"

Revise the text.

> [16] (Section 94) Added as an "Option" beneath Option 1 "(Remember to erase
> the used Torch from your Action Chart if you choose to use it now)"
> [sic--missing period]
> [24] (Section 171) Added to Option 1 "(Remove the used Torch from your
> Action Chart if you should choose to use it.)"
> [31] (Section 197) Added to Option 1 "(Remember to remove the used Torch
> from your Action Chart if you should choose to use it.)"
> [38] (Section 282) Added to Option 1 "(Remember to remove the used Torch
> from your Action Chart should you decide to use it.)"
> [41] (Section 313) Added to Option 1 "(remember to remove the used Torch
> from your Action Chart if you decide to use it)"
> [47] (Section 349) Added to Option 1 "(remember to remove the used Torch
> from your Action Chart if you should choose to use it.)"

It's better as a footnote than as another "option" paragraph, but we
could add "(Erase a Torch from your Action Chart if you choose to use
it.)" to the first option.

> [17] (Section 97) Added "If you possess the Sommerswerd, you may double all
> ENDURANCE point losses sustained by this undead creature."
> [18] (Section 104) Added "If you possess the Sommerswerd, you may double all
> ENDURANCE point losses sustained by this undead creature."
> [23] (Section 166) Added "If you possess the Sommerswerd, you may double
> this undead creature’s ENDURANCE point losses."
> [30] (Section 191) Added "If you possess the Sommerswerd, you may double
> this undead creature’s ENDURANCE point losses."
> [36] (Section 254) Added "If you possess the Sommerswerd, you may double all
> ENDURANCE point losses that this undead creature sustains."
> [39] (Section 301) Added "If you possess the Sommerswerd, you may double any
> ENDURANCE point loses [sic] that these undead creature sustain."
> [44] (Section 322) Added "If you possess the Sommerswerd, you may double all
> ENDURANCE point losses that these undead creatures sustain during the
> fight."

It seems they got this "possess the Sommerswerd" language from us.
Yikes! Adjust the text to say "If you use ..." or possibly "If you
wield the Sommerswerd in this combat, ...".

> [19] (Section 104) Replaced Option 2 with "If you win the fight and it lasts
> four rounds or longer, turn to 322."

Revise the text.

> [35] (Section 253) Added "(Gold Crowns may not be used in lieu of Lune in
> this instance)"

Add this to the text parenthetically.

> [40] (Section 309) Changed "If you win the first round of combat, Sogh will
> fight by your side and you may add 2 to your COMBAT SKILL for the duration
> of the subsequent combats." to "If you win the first one of these multiple
> combats, then Sogh will fight by your side aqnd you may add 2 to your COMBAT
> SKILL for the duration of the subsequent two combats."

Perhaps change it to "If you defeat Tower Guards 1 and 2, ..."?

> [42] (Section 316) Replaced "Make the proper adjustments to your COMBAT
> SKILL for the duration of this fight, as you are without a Weapon." with
> "You must deduct 4 points from your COMBAT SKILL for the duration of the
> fight as you are without a Weapon."

Even if you're a Tutelary? Leave as a footnote.

> [48] (Section 350) Added "(If any of your weapons or weapon-like Special
> Items were confiscated by the South Gate Guard, they are now gratefully
> returned to you)." [sic]

Revise the text.