[projectaon] Re: Brian Williams' Work

  • From: "Jonathan Blake" <blake.jon@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: projectaon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2008 10:13:04 -0800

On Sat, Nov 8, 2008 at 9:35 AM, Simon Osborne <outspaced@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Paul Haskell, who contributed to Project Aon with 16-colour scans of Gary
> Chalk's artwork from Books 1-8, asked me recently about Brian Williams'
> illustrations for the Legends of Lone Wolf series. Although we do not (yet?)
> have the rights to make Paul Barnett's novels available on our site, we do
> have permission from Brian Williams to make use of his illustrations, and
> his illustrations are conspicuously missing from the PDFs of the Legends
> series Barnett released in 2003. We decided to collaborate on a project to
> bring these illustrations together for Project Aon, and we think we're done.
>
> http://www.projectaon.org/staff/simon/Files/Legends_Vignettes.pdf

Looks pretty good. My only question in that the chapter titles seem
like they were scanned in too. At least they seem pixelated. If this
can be cleared up, I would say its ready to publish, though I haven't
checked it for factual errors.

> Any thoughts/comments on the file or the legal situation would be most
> appreciated. Thanks.

I need to verify what we've received from Brian Williams (his letters
aren't at hand at the moment). Didn't we have a collection of the
authors/illustrators correspondence? I can't seem to find it.