[projectaon] Re: Annual Report 2009

  • From: Jonathan Blake <jonathan.blake@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: projectaon <projectaon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 1 Jan 2010 08:12:14 -0800

On Fri, Jan 1, 2010 at 4:15 AM, Ingo Kloecker
<projectaon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>> I've added this as well, though I've marked it "tentative". Ideally,
>>  we'd have a set of scripts/tools that would auto-format the xsl
>>  before converting to PDF to prevent orphaned Section Numbers and
>>  other annoying layout glitches, but for now, we may need to rely on
>>  hand-editing. Thanks!
>
> This reminds me that I still haven't finished my version of the XSL
> which is based on the KOMA Script document classes and which avoids some
> of the layouting problems by using proper LaTeX constructs.
>
> I guess I should upload a preview of the current status when I'm home
> again.

Please do. :)

This reminded me of Calibre, a tool that looks well suited to
automatically create various e-book formats from an input HTML file
(possibly a new HTML version like the single page version but with the
illustrations included).

http://calibre-ebook.com/user_manual/cli/cli-index.html

I can't work on making that happen right now, but if an enterprising
volunteer would like to take that on, e-book formats would be a great
boon to the project.