writing code in emacspeak

  • From: Alex Midence <alex.midence@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: programmingblind <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 19 Oct 2010 10:16:27 -0500

Hi, folks,

I wondered if any of you could substantiate this or not.  I ran across
something recently that said that in Emacspeak, you can get usable
feedback on color highlighting for different programming languages.
Has anyone here tried writing code in emacs or emacspeak?  If so, how
did it tell you about color highlighting?  Did it change voice or
pitch or something?  Was it usable?  In windows, I've tried setting
AJaws to let me know the color attributes but it just gets out of hand
since instead of changing voices, it wants to actually say the color
of the foreground, background and the like.  I got ahold of emacspeak
yesterday on vinux but I'm still making my way through the manual.
It's a bit much to put it mildly.  The potential is huge though from
what I'm reading.  Does anyone have any actual experience with it
though?  With c++?  Anyone?  How about Python and its indentations?

Thanks.
Alex M