Re: wm_mouseWhell, highword and lowWord, jaws scripting and some related questions

hmm but I don't need to do it in jaws scripting. I will use a constant
to the wParam, so I need only to get the number to be used.
Marlon

2008/2/7, Jared Stofflett <stofflet@xxxxxxx>:
> No, in that case I think the number is negative if the left most bit is
> 1. and there's no good way to do this in jaws script because unlike c++
> you can't access the individual bits.
> Marlon Brandão de Sousa wrote:
> > Hello,
> > Thanks for this explanation! You are the first to show me something I
> > really understand instead of providing tons of strange teories and
> > graphical ilustrations to explain how to do things when it comes to
> > bite math. I, however, still have a problem: unfortunately,
> > accordingly with what I read in the documentation, the highword isn't
> > a constant telling scroll up or down, it is instead something referred
> > as delta, which isn't still fully understood by me. This thing called
> > delta, I have good reazons to beleave, will point howmuch of the mouse
> > wheel is rolled up or down. So, let's say, if I scroll up the wheel a
> > lot then the delta value is bigger, if I scroll up the wheel only a
> > little bite then the value is a small number. But the problem is the
> > following: What will define if the wheel was scrolled up or down is
> > the sign of the delta value, if delta is negative then the wheel was
> > scrolled down, if positive then it was scrolled up. So I'll need to
> > build the number using a highword which can be positive or negative.
> > Do your instructions still apply in case of a highword is negative?
> > Marlon
> >
> > 2008/2/7, Jared Stofflett <stofflet@xxxxxxx>:
> >
> >> Do you know how to convert from decimal to hex? If not I'm sure you can
> >> find programs to do it, I use matlab simply to save time. I'm using hex
> >> instead of binary simply because it's much more readable. As far as I
> >> know jaws script doesn't offer any binary operations so your quite
> >> limited but I'll do my best. Also this example assumes that an integer
> >> is 32 bits but I'm not sure what length it is in jaws script. It looks
> >> like you'll only need to pass in two decimals either weel up or weel
> >> down and not need to change the flags. Lets assume that having all 0's
> >> in the low word will work for your flags so the entire low word will be
> >> 0. Lets also assume that mouse up is 16 and mouse down is 327. Then you
> >> only need two integers. We know that in hex the high word is the first
> >> two places and the low word is the last two. In hex 16=f so your high
> >> word would be 000f to give us a total of 16 bits. Your low word would be
> >> 0000 for another 16 bits which equal 0. So convert the hex number
> >> 000f0000 to decimal and you get 983040 so your integer to represent
> >> mouse up would be 983040
> >> Lets do the same for mouse down, accept our high word needs to contain
> >> 327 so 327 in hex is 147 We only have three hex digits but need 4 to
> >> fill out the word so our high word will be 0147 the low word is 0000
> >> that means to represent a mouse down you need the decimal version of
> >> 01470000 which is 21430272 If you need different values for the low word
> >> because you need certain flags just repeat the process I illistrated for
> >> the high word on the low word as well and convert that 8 digit hex
> >> number to decimal. This process should work for either jaws script or
> >> c/c++ but make sure your data type is 32 bits long. If you have any
> >> other questions feel free to ask.
> >> Marlon Brandão de Sousa wrote:
> >>
> >>> Hello,
> >>> I am cross sending this message because it is related to jaws
> >>> scripting and to programming.
> >>> First of all, I don't use my mouse a lot. I, however, like to issue a
> >>> ls command in cygwin or a dir command on dos prompt and use the mouse
> >>> wheel to listen automatically to the file names jaws will read when
> >>> the screen scrolls.
> >>> But, for now, my mouse won't be available, so I am building a jaws
> >>> script to move the mouse wheel, without a mouse!!
> >>> First of all I built a script using the function
> >>> findGraphic(getAppMainWindow(getFocus()), "scroll up symbol", s_top,
> >>> s_unrestricted), followed by a leftMouseBotton() function call, and it
> >>> works nicely to find the scroll up symbol and click it. I, however,
> >>> want to really simulate a mouse wheel and not do a graphic clicker
> >>> script.
> >>> I looked the header file winuser.h, and found that the wm_mouseWheel
> >>> message is 522 decimal. Looking the message documentation, I
> >>> discovered that the highword of wParam should indicate if the wheel is
> >>> gtoing up or down, and the lowWord will contain mouse flags. The
> >>> problem is that, at the moment, I don't know how to build the decimal
> >>> number I will need to send as the wParam. How can I build a decimal
> >>> with a given number in the highword of the byte?
> >>> Thanks
> >>> Marlon
> >>>
> >>>
> >>>
> >> __________
> >> View the list's information and change your settings at
> >> http://www.freelists.org/list/programmingblind
> >>
> >>
> >>
> >
> >
> >
>
> __________
> View the list's information and change your settings at
> http://www.freelists.org/list/programmingblind
>
>


-- 
When you say "I wrote a program that crashed Windows," people just
stare at you blankly and say "Hey, I got those with the system, for
free."
Linus Torvalds
__________
View the list's information and change your settings at
http://www.freelists.org/list/programmingblind

Other related posts: