From: Alex Hall <mehgcap@xxxxxxxxx
To: programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date sent: Sun, 14 Mar 2010 15:03:09 -0400
Subject: Re: what is this UI element called?

Ah, I thought so, but when I looked up tooltips, it seemed like they were associated with specific items, like items in a list, and that
did not make sense.  I will have to have another look I guess.

On 3/14/10, Tyler Littlefield <tyler@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
it's normally called a tooltip.
                Thanks,
Tyler Littlefield
        http://tds-solutions.net
        Twitter: sorressean

On Mar 14, 2010, at 12:38 PM, Alex Hall wrote:

Hi all,
I wonder what a UI element is called so I can look up how to do it with WXPython. The element in question is that little bit of text that appears in the lower right of Windows machines. It is spoken with the jaws cursor voice when it appears, and it is impossible to click using
jaws.  It might say things like
"your computer may be at risk"
or
"Your device is now ready to use"

Does anyone know what it is called in wx? Thanks!

--
Have a great day,
Alex (msg sent from GMail website)