From: programmingblind-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:programmingblind-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Ricks Place
Sent: Friday, March 27, 2009 6:59
To: programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: vb code?

I also use a folder in my Documents Folder to hold code snipets. I have
folders for ASP, Winforms SQL Server, COM and some other major categories.
Within each folder I have language or process dependent folders like VB.net
C# now a CPlusPlus and other folders with enums errors etc...
Inside them I have other folders and files that hold snipets as I develop
them from my production code. I have samples of manually binding to
DataViews, loading and accessing various display controls like lists,
TreeViews and other complex bindable tools. Even complete tutorials on
manually creating a DataBase or setting up Website Security. I use a simple
index over each text file holding many snipets using basic xml notation
like<ListBox: Iterate Using For Each> as an entry in the index. And, in the
code put <ListBox: Iterate Using For Each> and </ListBox: Iterate Using For
Each> to wrap that snipet. This way I can find what I want pretty
Each> easily. It
is just one of my methods so don't think I am pushing it. It works for me is
all and allows me to dig up a snipet if I see a question I have anything on
when responding to a e-list request or need something in a project.
I just mention it because the Folder, directory if you prefer, structure
works and the use of an index over the many coding snipets in a single text
document for a given control like the DataGridView can get long to just try
and cursor through.
Rick USA