Re: unix question

  • From: Dorene Cornwell <dorenefc@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 4 Oct 2010 16:11:52 -0700

Hi Eileen

Sometimes what flavor of unis you are using matters, sometimes not
when asking a question like this. It's been awhile since I have done
unix too so I am sure the list will correct me but here goes:

In unix the equipvalent of help is

man

The command tl delete files is

rm

If you type

man rm

at your unix prompt you can learna botu teh rm command.

If you type

man man

you can get information about the man command.

I would have to start with these two before more detail

Best

Dorene Cornwell
Seattle WA