To: "bprogramming" <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, January 19, 2009 12:04 AM
Subject: trade wars...

Hi all --
My nephew has been trying to get me to join in a game of trade wars that
they have running on his server. He thought it would be accessible since I
can get the data in ascii form, but there is a gui interface to trade wars
called SWATH that could cut down on the verbage -- i.e., using the
interactive, line interface I have to sit through all the verbage of stats
every time I make a move.
Question: I hear a lot on the various lists about MUD's that are
accessible -- has anyone on the list ever played trade wars, and have you
used SWATH?
I have connected to my nephew's server and tried using the line/ascii
interface but that is quite slow. I have also downloaded SWATH.exe, and am
going to install it, but I wanted to run the question by the list to see if
anyone else can comment.
TIA and happy hacking.
--le