Re: state of the list as I know it at this time ...

  • From: "Tyler Littlefield" <tyler@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 17 Jul 2009 12:36:16 -0600

Yes, lets answer the programming languages and what they're good for; that comes up quite frequently. ----- Original Message ----- From: "Jamal Mazrui" <empower@xxxxxxxxx>

To: <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, July 17, 2009 12:32 PM
Subject: Re: state of the list as I know it at this time ...

I found some correspondence from a previous discussion about a FAQ for
this list.
Jamal

Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2008 08:29:16 -0400 (EDT)
From: Jamal Mazrui <empower@xxxxxxxxx>
To: programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

I'd be glad to publish it there, and other hosts are also possible.
Below are some common questions that come to mind.  Perhaps others can
pitch in with ones they remember or initial answers for a draft FAQ.

Jamal

Where can I get JAWS scripts for Visual Studio 2005 or 2008?  Do they
work with the Express Edition?  Do they work with the Visual Basic IDE?
The C# one?  Visual Web Developer?

Where can I get an accessible SHH client for windows?

How do I get the Java Access Bridge?  What versions of Java does it work
with?  Do I need to install it in each JVM on my computer?

What programming language should I learn as a beginner?  What is best
for developing games?  If I want to learn a dynamic language, which one
is best for what purposes?  What strongly typed language should I choose
for what?  Between C# and Visual Basic .NET, what are the pros and cons?
What languages are most in demand and pay the best for programming jobs?

How does the Window-Eyes scripting capability compare to that of JAWS?
What other screen readers are scriptable?  NVDA?  Orca? HAL?  Mobile
Speak?

Where can I look at sample programs in different languages?  Where is
the
fruit basket site?

Where can I get accessible documentation for programming languages?

On Thu,
james.homme@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2008 07:52:30 -0400
> From: james.homme@xxxxxxxxxxxx
> To: programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Subject: Re: FAQ for this list
>
> Hi Jamal,
> Would you want to publish it on nonvisualdevelopment.org? If people
send
me