Re: state of the list as I know it at this time ...

  • From: "The Elf" <inthaneelf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 14 Jul 2009 21:19:24 -0700

hello folks,

Jeff and others, there seems to be a large misconception and lack of knowledge about working with yahoogroups out here, so I am going to try to set it straight.

I am on about 13 to 15 lists now a days, 85% of those are on yahoo groups, and please hear this!, you do not need to sign up for a yahoogroup account, nor deal with any capsha's in order to sing up for, or manage any of the scriber functions of yahoo groups.

the only reason I have a yahoogroups account, which I got two months ago (I have been on many of these lists for years!) was for access to the management data base for information on my moderator status on one of the yahoo lists I am on. and as stated, that was for access to the admin information data base only, I do all my moderation work by Email posts to the list. the reason I needed information is I was given a higher moderator status than the other two moderators, since the owner and sub owner know that although I have a temper, I am a straight shooter, and will only eliminate or moderate someone if it is truly necessary.

now then, Jeff would be the only one required to get a yahoogroups ID, which can be done with firefox, web visem and jaws quite easily (as stated, I just did it) in order to set up the group, after that, he can send out a link on the old list that folks can paste into a new Email and va la, you will start the subscription sequence, and replying, and just that, a simple reply to the reply to your request will subscribe you, end of game.

here are the list of commands for all the subscriber Email needs on a yahoogroup, these are for a specific list, the ones for a blind programming list would use the lists name where this lists name is at:

List email addresses.
to post. blindaccesshelp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ...
To subscribe,
blindaccesshelp-subscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ...