Re: sql server 2005 express database design

  • From: "Richard Thomas" <rthomas@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2007 20:27:33 -0400

Hi:
I get it. You wouldn't convert the file to text but rather store it along with the non display character set in the original format. I've not converted anything to byte or binary for storage in either Asp nor Vb.net so I guess I can't help there. I will be interested in the solution as I once wanted to store an array or collection in the DataBase but had to convert it to a sort of xml situation but I would imagine there was a better way somehow. I just couldn't find it quickly at the time. I'm sure you should be able to store pictures, there were some examples of that but, as you mentioned, I believe the one I saw was for Asp but should be the same in CSharp or Vb.net since they use the Same DataBase and MS Framework.
Good luck old man, sorry I couldn't be more help this time.
Rick Farmington Mich. USA
----- Original Message ----- From: "Andy B" <a_borka@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>