Re: quick mysql question

  • From: Alex Hall <mehgcap@xxxxxxx>
  • To: programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 07 Apr 2009 23:21:45 -0400

Okay, so the numbering is lost if you delete. Is there a more robust way of numbering, so that you would have gotten:

1, abc'
2, 'ghi'
3, 'kno'
instead? I need the index of each record to always be sequential so that I can know how many total records there are and also know which ones I have used in the displaying of all of them.

Have a great day,
Alex