From: programmingblind-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:programmingblind-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Alex Hall
Sent: Sunday, December 27, 2009 2:03 PM
To: programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: python syntax

I know basic python, having written a program in it for a class about 3
months ago, but this stuff is more advanced than what I learned. Is there
something that covers these:

1. Why put an underline after the self keyword?
2. The method in my email returned one variable, yet it also had several
vars which it extracted from somewhere. It did not return them, though, so
why make them at all?
3. I have read about super, and I understand that it is a way of basically
grabbing a passing bit of information, modifying it, then sening it on its
way. I cannot understand this in practice, though, in the places where I
have seen it.

Have a great day,
Alex
New email address: mehgcap@xxxxxxxxx