RE: python question

  • From: Jamal Mazrui <empower@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2008 15:18:46 -0500 (EST)

I'm not an advanced Python user, so there may be more efficient or elegant
solutions.  The code below is a Python 2.5 equivalent.

Jamal

hash = {'John': 40, 'Michael': 40, 'Joe': 30}
keys = sorted(hash.keys(), reverse = True)
keys = sorted(keys, lambda x, y: cmp(hash[x], hash[y]))
for key in keys: print key + ', ' + str(hash[key])