python error capturing?

Hi all,
I have a script with an error, but I am not sure where the error is. I have no luck getting the error from Idle, and EdSharp just says "run" and does not read any errors at all. I tried just running the file, but either jaws says nothing at all or it reads a cmd prompt which disappears as soon as it is read. I just want to know what the error is, but I am not sure try/catch will do it because the problem may be syntactical and so the script cannot be executed to let the try/catch do anything. Suggestions or thoughts? Thanks.

Have a great day,
Alex
Email: mehgcap@xxxxxxxxx