python 2.*

  • From: "qubit" <lauraeaves@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "bprogramming" <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 5 Jul 2011 11:00:03 -0500

Greetings all --
I am still searching for a resolution of the python version incompatibility
in mercurial when I try installing mercurial on my win7 64 bit laptop.
I have searched the pages at www.python.org for an installer for version
2.6, which mercurial requires, but the only python executable I can find is
for python 2.7.2.  The mercurial installer won't accept anything but python
2.6.
Is there an installer for py2.6 anywhere?
I also believe I have the latest mercurial.

Someone suggested I look for python and percurial inside cygwin.  I did so
but the minimal install of cygwin doesn't include them, and when I run the
cygwin setup and search for them, there is no match.
I don't want py and hg built for cygwin, however; I want to be able to call
them from the power shell.

Mega thanks for any info!
--le