perl - calling more code from a separate file

  • From: "Lamar Upshaw" <lupshaw@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2008 09:05:05 -0700

I have a few scripts which each do different things, however each of the scripts have the same code in a particular area. I need to be able to update that code on occasion, but I don't want to have to try and remember to do it in all the scripts, so I was wondering, is there a way I can put the code in one file, and have all the scripts call the code at the time it's needed, instead of putting a copy of the code in each script? This way, I can update the code in the one file, and in turn all the scripts will continue to function smoothly without my having to touch them.

With All Respect,
Upshaw, Lamar T