RE: need beta testers for an alternative mobile phone screenReader

  • From: "D!J!X!" <megamansuperior@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 8 Oct 2007 13:07:35 -0400

I'm not sure if this thread has been marked as OT, and if so, let me know,
my appologies, and if so I won't post on it again, but I have a question,
what other operating systems other than symbian do nokia phones use?  For
example, those that are not compatible with software like talks and/or
mobilespeak.  I was thinking since all these phones support a version of
java, can a screen reader in java be written thus making accessible to much
more phones?  I understand is not as simple as that because there might not
be java apis to access phone features and commands that the os can provide,
but???

Thanks, D!J!X!