Re: need a real programmer!

  • From: "inthane" <inthaneelf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 2 Aug 2011 19:54:55 -0700

hello again folks,

there is a lot of things going on in my life so at times my responses
are going to be a bit slow to show up!

ok, I've had responses on my original query from Roger, Q, Ramit, Mesut,
and a helpful hand offered from      rick

first, Q, as I said in a personal reply to you for most of my needs, I
need a partner, I don't have the capital to afford to have you build
them and need to then sell them. though I may ask you about a private
program I need  in a few days(since its a personal application, its not
going to make money so I'm going to probably have to pay someone to
build it)

roger and rick, I have one application that's more of a database
application that needs to be able to swiftly bring up a selected number
of information entries , and make run functions on said data and display
the results back to me quickly simply and rapidly . I'll contact you
about it off list OK?

now for everyone else (that would be Ramit, Mesut, and roger if he is
still interested in game programming)
you guys  asked some questions so here are my answers to the best of my
ability:

Question 1. for which platform do you envisage to have these games?:
answer: what I am aiming for, are (at first) windows based screen reader
friendly games that are playable by both sighted and VI folks, that will
go to levels that such games have been, and beyond!

language is fairly open though I would like to keep it out of the
esoterics or the les flexible languages like lisp and/or working in
flash

c++, C#, those would be my preferences myself, but not a requirement

these games run the gambit from fairly simple shooter games (I have one
fashioned after an old arcade game that I believe folks would have a
blast with, I know of many a worn out arcade machine that ran it) all
the way up to puzzle games, semi role playing games like shades of doom
and lone wolf, and beyond these into full on RPG and multi player game
scenarios

I used to work for a game company, games for the blind, but the owner,
I'll just say he had some issues that caused the company to close up
titer than a goblins backside, and then it disappeared from the web
totally after a minor try at a come back.

I was already long gone when that happened, but I have game designs in
my head, that I was going to suggest to that former boss, along with
experience in game writing (in the pencil and paper role playing game
genre's  that can produce some fun, exciting and complex games.

I also was known for, if not finding "the way" to do things, leading the
programmers to look at things so they could figure out how to do them,
as well as a knack for spotting and adding the "nice details" that were
missing from the games produced.

question 2. What would be the potential of earnings can you foresee from
these games?:
answer: hmmm, GMA games is still running so they must be making enough,
they have in fact added a game to there line that sounds very similar to
one of my concepts blast it! but anyway, I also remember my old
boss/partner saying that he had just received a check for 10,000 dollars
from the company he used for his online site's game purchasing payment,
a smaller company that was in competition with PayPal in it's early
days.

so I see good potential for a profitable partnership here.

question 3. Can you provide more info regarding games you have in mind?
as stated above, I have things from one or two person arcade style
games, to multi player games (one computer or many) all the way up to
multi person RPG games similar to doom, Diablo, and masters of Orion

I work just as well in science fiction, and fantasy, along with cross
Genre creations of current times/science fiction, current time/fantasy,
some with war games, so on and so forth.

now my #4. what I am looking for is/are a partner or partners who want
to work together with me to create some fun games and see if we can earn
ourselves some elevated living capital! but without hanging ourselves
out to dry with our current existence!
I would be willing to go into a simple 50/50 agreement for the first
simple game, and then we... would invest the income from that back into
the enterprise to make it legal, safe for us (I'm thinking an LLD here)
and then formalize the company for fun and profit.

so, now that you have details, what do you folks think?
inthaneelf
inthaneelf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx