Re: name resolution of inherited templated classes?

It's hard to say without looking at the source, but according to the
link I gave (as I've never run into this particular dark corner
before), when you have classes that inherit from templated classes,
the compiler performs name lookup's in the base class only on
dependent methods/members.  So, in your case, Get() isn't a dependent
method since it has no template parameters.
Dependent names are ones that take a template.  Refer to the link I
gave for a better explaination.

Have you tried defining a method GetPlayerAttribute(...) in player
that simply did the following?
void Player::GetPlayerAttribute(std::string attribute) {
this->Get(attribute);  // resolves correctly to base Get()
}