Re: name of the current program, as seen by Jaws

  • From: "Octavian Rasnita" <orasnita@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 26 Dec 2008 20:41:35 +0200

Well, I am not very sure about that.

For example, if Outlook Express is opened, it doesn't appear as msoe.dll in Task Manager. It doesn't even appear in the list of processes.

If Notepad is opened, it appear as notepad.exe in Task Manager and Jaws sees it as notepad.exe.

But if a program that uses WxPerl is opened, it appears with its name in Task Manager, but Jaws sees it as wx.dll.

So even though in Task manager that program appears as MaestroDex.exe, Jaws sees it as wx.dll.

Does anyone know where does Jaws get the name of the program from?
Thanks.
Octavian

----- Original Message ----- From: "Tyler Littlefield" <tyler@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>