RE: method saying "no return statement" when there IS one

  • From: Alex Hall <mehgcap@xxxxxxx>
  • To: programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 23 Feb 2008 16:33:30 -0500

I am using the Sun compiler, the latest version. I use EdSharp to write and compile, but I think EdSharp just looks for a compiler already on my system. If not then I am using the compiler in EdSharp.

Have a great day,
Alex

From: "Ken Perry" <whistler@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
To: <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date sent: Fri, 22 Feb 2008 21:30:26 -0800
one

If you have all the opening and closing braces the compiler might
be
complaining because you don't have a sure return.  This is not
normal for a
compiler but I don't know what compiler your using.  So you can
try putting
a return at the end of the function right before the last } and
that should
do the trick.

Ken

From: "Fred Rains" <fred58@xxxxxxx
To: <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date sent: Fri, 22 Feb 2008 23:13:29 -0500
one

Hi Alex, You have several opening braces with no closing brace.
Both "for"
statements have an opening brace but no closing brace.  Also,
your "if" and
"else" statements have opening braces with no closing brace.

Fred