From: "tribble" <lauraeaves@xxxxxxxxx
To: <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date sent: Sun, 24 Feb 2008 15:41:26 -0500
Subject: Re: method saying "no return statement" when there IS
one

Alex -- just saying return without a value in a function with a
return type
is illegal -- in the case of your loops not returning within the
if
statement, you need to decide what your function should return in
that case
and insert that value in the return statement.
--le

From: "Ken Perry" <whistler@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
To: <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date sent: Fri, 22 Feb 2008 21:30:26 -0800
one

If you have all the opening and closing braces the compiler might
be
complaining because you don't have a sure return.  This is not
normal for a
compiler but I don't know what compiler your using.  So you can
try putting
a return at the end of the function right before the last } and
that should
do the trick.

Ken

From: "Fred Rains" <fred58@xxxxxxx
To: <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date sent: Fri, 22 Feb 2008 23:13:29 -0500
one

Hi Alex, You have several opening braces with no closing brace.
Both "for"
statements have an opening brace but no closing brace.  Also,
your "if" and
"else" statements have opening braces with no closing brace.

Fred