Re: math behind a puzzle

  • From: Dave <davidct1209@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 11 Nov 2010 06:11:37 -0800

Well, obviously, we have differing definitions of upper
division...(it's not a graduate course obviously, but part of the core
CS major requirements); that's called "upper division" from where I'm
from.

Russell is a prof at Berkeley; you can find his lecture notes and
assignments on the cs188 webpage; I also did this puzzle in my first
AI class there and coded a solver for the 8 puzzle as well as the "n"
puzzle.  Norvig's working at Google.

Anyhow, for a good treatment of the material, read the book because
it's not something one can understand without having a little more
background.