malware analysis

  • From: Jackie McBride <abletec@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 3 Jul 2010 12:39:08 -0700

Hay, yall:

I was just thinkin (& that's always dangerous for me), but, now that
I've come out of my lurking hole, perhaps I'll keep my head out just a
bit longer & ask this. I hammered a virus off of a website the other
day. For whatever reason, it got my curiosity up, & I was rather
wondering exactly what its code does. So: any1 got any ideas of how to
analyze that? It looked like a compiled script (at least there were
<script> </script> tags, but between those tags was output that 1
would associate w/a binary file.

I sure would like to know precisely what it does. I'm also surprised
that out of several A V apps I tested, the only 1 to pick it up was
Avast. Still, I know it did not belong in that site, given the source
of other pages that I saw on the same site that weren't infected.

--
Change the world--1 deed at a time
Jackie McBride