RE: learning PHP

  • From: "Homme, James" <james.homme@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 19 Aug 2009 15:53:04 -0400

Hi Jeff,
I installed XAMPP. That does what I want on Windows. It comes with PHP and
MySQL. I'd say that you should get the PHP documentation over at
http://www.nonvisualdevelopment.org/. In that bundle, there's a little book
called something like PHP Essentials. That will get you going on the basics,
but it doesn't teach object orientation. Keep in mind that it also doesn't
teach stuff like separating code from content and it doesn't go heavily into
including source code and using third party modules. Once you've been through
that book, though, you will have a pretty decent start.

Thanks.

Jim

Jim Homme
Usability Services
412-544-1810
james.homme@xxxxxxxxxxxx

"Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable
will." -- Mahatma Gandhi