Re: latest edSharp and the Sounds4stuff jaws scheme

  • From: Jamal Mazrui <empower@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2011 09:59:57 -0500

Does the excerpt below from the History.txt file of EdSharp help?

Jamal

Another approach to hearing indentation levels is a JAWS sound scheme contributed by Jim Homme. You can install it by pressing JAWSKey+F2 and choosing Settings Packager. In that program, press Control+O and enter Sounds4Stuff.zip. Then press Alt+I to import the settings.

On 1/8/2011 7:37 PM, Alex Hall wrote:
Thanks, at least alt-i is now working. I really miss those piano
notes, though, since it was almost like being able to see the indent
levels, and was even easier than using braces!

On 1/8/11, Jamal Mazrui<empower@xxxxxxxxx>  wrote:
I do not recall the steps to activate a sound scheme, but I recall
putting instructions in the EdSharp history of changes file, which is
accessible via the Help menu.  Otherwise, I hope Jim Homme can help,
since it is a scheme that he uses and contributed to the EdSharp
distribution.

The \s token you mentioned stands for white space characters in a
regular expression, but it is not a token in a typical C string.  The \s
token means a space, tab, vertical tab, carriage return, line feed, or
form feed character in a regular expression.  If you intend a space
character for indentation, you should be able to use a literal space
character.

Jamal

On 1/7/2011 7:26 PM, Alex Hall wrote:
Hi all,
I just updated edSharp to the latest version. I rely heavily on the
Sounds4stuff jaws scheme since I work in Python, but this latest
update seems to have broken the scheme. Sounds for edit fields, menus,
buttons, and so on still work, but my indentation sounds are gone. I
even set the edSharp indent character to \s instead of \t, but nothing
changed. Does anyone have an idea of what I could try? I installed the
optional scripts, which I did not do last time, but I doubt that would
make a difference since the rest of the scheme works as it did before.

On a related note, the indent level query, alt-i, does not work.
Despite my indent character being \s (I use spaces, not the tab key),
all lines report an indent level of 0.