Re: latest edSharp and the Sounds4stuff jaws scheme

  • From: Øyvind Lode <oyvind.lode@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 08 Jan 2011 11:41:54 +0100

Hi:

I have not tried the Sounds4Stuff scheme but alt+i works just fine here with the latest edSharp.
I hear level 0, level 1, level 2 etc when I press alt+i.
But I never use that option since I configure edSharp to automatically announce the indentation.

Set UseIndentModeDefault to Y.
I use 2 spaces indentation and I also tell JAWS to speak indented characters.
JAWS will say left margin, 2 spaces, 4 spaces etc.

On 08.01.2011 01:26, Alex Hall wrote:
Hi all,
I just updated edSharp to the latest version. I rely heavily on the
Sounds4stuff jaws scheme since I work in Python, but this latest
update seems to have broken the scheme. Sounds for edit fields, menus,
buttons, and so on still work, but my indentation sounds are gone. I
even set the edSharp indent character to \s instead of \t, but nothing
changed. Does anyone have an idea of what I could try? I installed the
optional scripts, which I did not do last time, but I doubt that would
make a difference since the rest of the scheme works as it did before.

On a related note, the indent level query, alt-i, does not work.
Despite my indent character being \s (I use spaces, not the tab key),
all lines report an indent level of 0.